Leadership & Business Development
- Led the business through its most ambitious period of expansion and development to date, achieving revenue record-breaking success.
- Built and managed the largest team the company has ever had, with 8 full time and 13 seasonal staff.
- Opened and managed the first 2 additional multi-purpose retail premises in over 20 years, including overseeing the architectural design, construction and fit-out.
- Drove the digital transformation of the business to utilise a cloud-based, synchronous multi-user workflow, to enable greater team collaboration and efficiency on critical tasks with live data.
- Achieved continuous double-digit year-on-year growth since my involvement, reaching 20% for 2017.
Branding and Customer Experience
- Completely rebranded and repositioned the company to establish Stephen Roche Cycling as the customer-experience-led cycling holiday provider on Mallorca. With minimal budget and resources, the multi-stage brand evolution took several years to bring to fruition, including advertising, marketing, event stands, eCommerce website, offices, stores, vehicles, staff clothing, cycling apparel, accessories, event branding and more.
- Created four complementary sub-brands to open up a wider range of merchandising opportunities.
- Drove customer engagement and repeat business through consistent multi-channel marketing and event activities – The engaged digital media audience increased more than 800%; digital content consumption was consistently 4x the industry average; and returning clients accounted for up to 70% of annual turnover.
- Slashed phone enquiry time and increased customer conversion by +30% with a new user-centric eCommerce website with an optimised UX flow from initial contact through to online payment.
- Successfully serviced a record number of happy clients, generating +25% increase in revenue, while maintaining a 5/5 star rating on TripAdvisor.
- Generated record event revenues with the development of exclusive events and the creation of an historic multi-day, premium cycling event in the French Alps, "L'Etape 87".
- Generated record merchandise revenues, through the introduction of a new range of high-performance cycling apparel designed specifically for SRC customers – unique product cuts and material-use developed directly with Nalini (Pro Tour Team Supplier) and Kalas (British Cycling Team Supplier).
Stephen Roche Cycling
Established in 1995, Stephen Roche Cycling is one of the longest running cycling holiday companies on the Spanish island of Mallorca.
In 2017, the company was presented with a special award in recognition of its outstanding contribution to tourism business on Mallorca for the past 20 years.